Friday, April 13, 2012

Passover Success

This year's Passover menu was our best ever. The food was absolutely delicious! As promised, here are some picts of the dishes I told you about last week (with some slight changes).

Potato, carrot, and zuchinni kugel- AMAZING! I followed the general recipe, however, for half of the potatoes I finely chopped them, instead of blending them, for a firmer texture. I also added some onion and garlic powder, for flavor. YUM.
Next up is the slaw. I changed it a little in the name of time. All I did was chop a head of red cabbage, add rosemary spiced pecans and craisins from Trador Joes, and made a vinaigrette with red wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar. Big Hit!
And here are the rosemary potatoes. I have to admit that we had a hard time keeping the potatoes together while placing them on the rosemary sprigs, so we only did a few like that and used the rosemary more as decoration. But the potatoes were amazing!
And finally.....the whole buffet
We had a healthy, delicious, family-filled fabulous Passover....hope you did too!! And feel free to share your favorite dishes with us!

--Samantha Jacobs, MS RD CDN

No comments:

Post a Comment